Saturday 16 August 2014

Decoupaged rose

Now for a 6x6in MDF picture frame.


I painted the frame white, added a ribbon loop to the back of the frame and covered this with a patterned paper to hide the workings.  Using the same paper, from the Papermania Botanicals collection, I cut a frame for the front.  I made up one of the decoupage images from the collection, shaping each of the layers with my fingers to give a more realistic look, and layered it up using 3d glue gel.  I matted this onto a piece of white paper and a piece of paper coloured with  Victorian Velvet Distress Ink which was cut to fit into the central piece of the frame.  I cut several small butterflies using Cheery Lynn dies, coloured them with the Victorian Velvet Distress Ink, and stuck them around the outer frame.  I added miniature pearls to the centre of each butterfly.  
I think this would make a beautiful picture to hang on the wall, hope you agree.  


No comments:

Post a Comment