Friday 22 August 2014

Butterflies and flowers

I made this project using an 8x8in card blank and two mats.  I used a punch to round all the corners.


I coloured the base mat with Shaded Lilac Distress Ink and, after embossing the top mat with a stencil from Clarity Stamps, I coloured it with Bundled Sage Distress Ink.  I cut four of the Tattered Lace Detailed Flourish and coloured them with DG3 from the Spectrum Noir Pens.  I cut the Tattered Lace Mini Blooms several times, coloured them with Spectrum Noirs and layered them up to create dimensional flowers.  I used the Cheery Lynn Small Exotic Butterflies set and coloured the 'Angel Wings' with the Shaded Lilac to match the base mat.  For those of you who don't know 'Angel Wings' are the solid bit behind the filigree wings.  I added two matted circles just off-centre and a sentiment that was cut from the Tattered Lace Elegant Alphabet dies.  These were coloured with shades already used.  To finish, I added small blobs of Cosmic Shimmer Pearl Glue to the centre of each flower.
Isn't it amazing what can be made from plain white card and paper, colouring mediums and a little bit of glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment