Sunday 24 August 2014

Blooming Roses

My favourite flowers are roses and so, when I found some dies for cutting rose petals and stamens, I was delighted.  Each die cuts four rose petals and two stamens with each pass through the machine.  As I use 160gsm paper I cut two sheets together of the three different sizes of rose and the leaves at the same time.
Today's card is one I made last year and the first one I made using the roses.  It was for my Mum's birthday and I certainly used a lot of them.


The dies used are the small and medium rose dies, the rose leaves and the medium lattice from Britannia.  The one with the greeting on is by Spellbinders. 
I started with two pieces of A5 card, cut the lattice into both ends of each and joined them together with an extra piece of card to form an easel card.  I made loads of roses and buds, and because I had cut them from white paper, I selected several of the paler colours from the Spectrum Noir pens.  I also coloured the leaves.  I laid out the leaves, roses and buds to form the initial C, coloured the square die to match some of the roses, added a greeting and put this into the empty space with more leaves and a rose.  I adhered three flowers and some leaves to the bottom card to form a ledge to rest the top card against to make the easel.
As I said earlier this card was for Mum's birthday last year and her birthday is nearly upon us again.  I've got absolutely no idea what to create for her this year. Whatever I do has got to be something pretty good as (1) I want it to be better than the card above and (2) Mum's a crafter too, so it's got to be pretty impressive.

1 comment:

  1. Better get a move on then, you've only got 3 weeks. When the new one comes I'll put the roses away. Mum

    ReplyDelete