Saturday 30 August 2014

Bird Decoupage

Today's project is an A5 card.


I cut the Tattered Lace All Over Floral die from a pale green pearlescent paper and matted it onto a silver pearlescent card.  The bird decoupage is from the Papermania Botanicals Collection, and this is where I took the colours for the mats from.  When I make up decoupage I always give each layer a bit of shape, rather than leaving them flat, and use Pinflair glue gel to stick the layers together.  I personally think that, by adding shape to the layers, it gives a more realistic finish although, I'm sure, not everyone would agree.  It's all down to individual choice.  I sprayed the finished decoupage with Spray and Shine, from Crafter's Companion, to give it a glazed look.
I added small yellow gems to to the centre of the blossoms on the decoupage, and small clear gems to the centres of the roses on the All Over Floral diecut.  I finished the project by making roses from the Britannia Small Rose Die, colouring them with shades to match the central feature and adding them to the scallops down the sides of the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment