Monday 4 August 2014

Cherry Blossom

Continuing with the purple distress ink (I think it is Shaded Lilac) today's card uses an embossing folder and a stamp, both by Sheena Douglass.
The background mat was embossed and then coloured with distress ink so that the raised areas caught most of the ink and are therefore darker.  I rounded the corners of the card and mat with a punch.  I then cut two circles, on the smaller of which I stamped the cherry blossom branch several times with the same ink that I used on the background.  Using a damp paintbrush I dragged some of the ink from the outline to shade the inner image.  This was then matted onto the larger circle which was layered onto the card using 3d foam pads to add dimension.  Two smaller circles with 18 on were added to finish the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment