Tuesday 2 September 2014

Birds in a frame

Last month I went to the Great British Craft Festival, which was great.  Hunkydory gave everyone a free gift, which was a kit called "Feathered Friends", and a beautiful kit it was too.  I've taken one of the sheets of card from the kit and used it on a 6x6in MDF frame.


As the main feature, I used the picture of the birds from one corner and cut it down to fit into the central aperture.  From the opposite corner I cut an outer frame, cutting around the flourish so that it overlapped the centre.  I added some pink flowers to the flourish to echo the flowers in the picture, and added some Flower Soft to the middle of each one.  I added some diecut butterflies from the Cheery Lynn Mini Dimensional Butterflies, colouring some pink, to tie in with the flowers, and some brown and orange, to match the butterfly in the picture.
Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment